Tuesday, September 22, 2015

When Our Public Servants Become Our Masters


Try walking into any foreign country and announcing: "Your laws do not apply to me, only the laws that I brought with me.  Furthermore, any rights your people have are null and void if they offend me."  How far do you think you would get?   Islamists believe they have the right to do just that, and they get more than a little help from the people running our government.  When our public servants become our masters, they are free to redefine the nation as it suits them.  

Bill Killian is a US Attorney with the DOJ who informs us that any criticism of Islam violates the civil rights of Muslims.  He said:  
  
“This is an educational effort with civil rights laws as they play into freedom of religion and exercising freedom of religion. This is also to inform the public what federal laws are in effect and what the consequences are.”

My right to have an opinion, and my right to express it, are clearly spelled out in the Constitution.  But the constitution didn't create those rights.  The constitution is merely a document that places boundaries on the government's ability to interfere with those rights.  I'm not a free man merely because the constitution says I am, I'm a free man because I say I am.  The freedom to express my thoughts is one of the "unalienable rights" enumerated in that document.  They were given to me by my Creator, not by the government. 


I'm a free American citizen, and I don't take that lightly.  I have no reason to take issue with anyone's belief system, whatever it requires of it's own adherents, so long as they apply it to themselves.  But when they presume to force those principles on others, they step over a line.  Any belief system that includes the idea that nonbelievers are to be punished or relegated to a lower status, is simply not compatible with the principles that define this nation.  If Islamists don't understand that, so be it, but I have a right to expect that public servants in this country do.  Mr. Obama himself is a perfect case in point.  He said famously:  "The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam".  But then, there are a lot of things about this country Mr. Obama doesn't seem to understand. 

Where Islamists step over the line is when they consider that "slandering the prophet of Islam" and merely holding a different point of view, are the same thing.  Where public officials like Mr. Killian step over the line is when they presume to enforce that belief on free Americans.

Islamists obviously believe that they have the right to suppress any point of view that disagrees with them by any means necessary.  In support of this, Mr. Killian seems to think that it's appropriate to redefine the First Amendment.  Any US Attorney who thinks like this is an embarrassment to himself and does a disservice to this country and to his profession.  Mr. Killian may think that's a presumptuous thing to say, but it doesn't show on the scale compared to his kind of thinking.

See also Angry White Dude


No comments:

Post a Comment