Thursday, November 23, 2017

A Zen Moment At Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving day, maybe 0600,  sitting outside on the patio...Jacob, the 7 year old, wanted to come outside with me.  I said great, put on something warm.  So we're sitting outside...taking a stab at saying something grandfatherly, I asked him about school, and said something about how great school was cause there's so many things to learn...I told him that learning stuff was a thing he would do all his life...it never ends, even when he gets as old as me and grandma.  His response was that someday he's going to marry Jocelyn, because, you know, they were in kindergarten together.  I told him that's pretty rare, to marry somebody you knew since kindergarten, I told him when me and his grandma were kids we didn't know each other, we were in different schools and we didn't even live in the same state...He stopped and looked at me and said, "yeah, but you're in the same school now." Worth an 800 mile round trip to hear something like that...and from a little kid no less...Hope you and yours had a great Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment